Notary Public serving Lancaster, Kendal and the Harrogate Area

John Myers Notary Public Lancaster

John Myers Notary Public

A Council Member of the Notaries Society of England and Wales, I am a Notary Public practising in Lancaster, Kendal and the Harrogate Area. I provide a full range of notarial services to my clients who include private individuals, small and medium sized businesses and large multinational corporations.

Why Instruct Me?

  1. Transparent fees
  2. I can deal with all aspects of obtaining an apostille and deal with legalisation for all countries at no additional cost
  3. I am fully insured
  4. I am an elected Council Member of the Notaries Society for England and Wales
  5. I keep full records of all documents securely for a minimum of 12 years
  6. I will work outside usual office hours when required, including weekends, and I will see clients at my office addresses, which all have convenient and free parking, or I can visit clients when necessary.

Contact John Myers

The Role of a Notary Public

An English Notary Public is an officer of the law appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury whose public office and duty it is to prepare, to witness, and to certify under his seal of office, deeds and other documentation for use anywhere in the world. In order to be appointed a Notary Public, I have undertaken additional professional examinations by way of the Diploma in Notarial Practice at the University of Cambridge.

A Notary can attend to the preparation of many documents for use abroad and a Notary can also deal with any necessary legalisation requirements or obtain an apostille from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, if required by the country in which the document is to be used. The Notary’s signature and seal will verify to the authorities in the country in which the document is required that the relevant checks and formalities have been undertaken.

The need for a Notary Public will arise by virtue of the requirements of the country where the document is to be used. If, for example, you are in the process of purchasing or selling a property overseas, you may need to grant the lawyer acting for you abroad a power of attorney to deal with the transaction. Such a power of attorney may need to be signed by you in front of a Notary and the Notary Public will confirm your name and identity, before signing and sealing the document and ensuring that it complies with the requirements of the country in which it is to be used.

Since having qualified as a notary public, I have undertaken work for clients with interests in all corners of the world including many european countries, north and south america, africa and as far afield as the UAE, New Zealand and the West Indies.  I work with clients and their foreign lawyer or notary public to help satisfy the requirements of foreign jurisdictions, wherever they may be.