John Myers Notary Public Harrogate

John Myers Notary Public


I am a Notary Public practising in Lancaster and also the Harrogate area. I am able to provide a full range of notarial services to both individuals and businesses in and around Harrogate as I spend quite a lot of my time in Harrogate and the surrounding area.

I will work outside usual office hours when required, including weekends, and I can visit clients at their home or office when necessary.

Contact Details

Telephone: 01524 846846


John Myers, Notary Public Dip. N.P
Ashfield House,
Pateley Bridge,
North Yorkshire,

Contact John Myers


View Larger Map

The Notarial Services I can offer to businesses and individuals in the Harrogate and surrounding area include:

  • Preparing and administrating affidavits and statutory declarations
  • Preparing and witnessing Powers of Attorney for use abroad
  • Witnessing and authenticating the signature or execution of documents for both individuals and corporate entities
  • Providing notarised copies of documents
  • Completing American acknowledgments
  • Drawing up Ship Protests
  • Noting and protesting foreign Bills of Exchange
  • Arranging translations
  • Notarising documents required for inter-country adoptions
  • “Legalisation” of documents via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and all major embassies and consulates

In some cases the notarised document will have to be legalised. This is a procedure whereby the Foreign and Commonwealth Office certifies that the Notary is in fact a Notary by attaching a certificate known as an Apostille to the document. In some instances it will be necessary for the document to be also sent to the Consulate of the receiving country who will confirm that the Apostille is authentic. I can deal with all aspects of having documents legalised so that documents will be ready to go to the country of destination straight from my office.

You may need to see a Notary to:

  • Obtain a certified copy of a passport
  • Obtain certified copies of documents such as examination or qualification certificates
  • Buy or sell property abroad
  • Prepare a Power of Attorney for use abroad
  • Confirm your single status in order to marry abroad
  • Obtain an Apostille or have a document legalised
  • Have a contract authenticated by a notary
  • Have a translation certified by a notary
  • Deal with any other document for use abroad, where you have been asked to get a document notarised, ‘apostilled’, certified by a notary or signed before a notary

About John Myers

As well as being a notary public I am a partner within the agricultural department of law firm Oglethorpe, Sturton and Gillibrand LLP. I am member of the Agricultural Law Association and deal with a broad range of agricultural matters including the sale and purchase of estates, farms and rural property, agricultural tenancies, land registration and other areas of law noted in the agricultural section of the firm’s website. Spending a year living in Berlin gave me experience working with niche agricultural law firm Schwarz Thomsen, who have since merged with Gentz und Partner, on renewable energy projects.

After studying agriculture at Newcastle University, I went on to read law at the College of Law in York, before training and qualifying with the firm in 2007. Since joining the firm, I have worked alongside the Senior Partner in the agricultural department at Castle Park in Lancaster.